A lot of people ask me about refurbished products. Here are the most common questions:
“Are they good?” (Yes)
“Do they work the same?” (Yes)
“I heard they been used and they do not work like the new ones, is that true? ” (No)
“Do they come with a warranty?” (Yes)
Yes, yes, no and yes (as far as Apple certified products). So I have decided to put Apple’s FAQ on here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
(1) What are Apple Certified Refurbished Products?
Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple’s stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, all units undergo Apple’s stringent quality refurbishment process.
Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:
- is fully tested (including full burn-in testing).
- is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing.
- is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection.
- is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).
- includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system. See each products “Learn More” for more details.
- is given a new refurbished part number and serial number.
- is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.
Refurbishment procedures follow the same basic technical guidelines as Apple’s Finished Goods testing procedures.
(2) What should I expect when I purchase an Apple Certified Refurbished Product?
- Substantial savings
- A fully functional unit with complete documentation
- The assurance that the unit meets Apple’s premiere quality standards, and that its defective components have been replaced by genuine Apple components
(3) Can I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan for my Apple Certified Refurbished Product?
All Apple Certified Refurbished Products are covered by Apple’s One-Year Limited Warranty. For extended coverage, you have the option of purchasing the AppleCare Protection Plan with your Apple Certified Refurbished Product. The AppleCare Protection Plan extends the complimentary coverage on your Apple Certified Refurbished Product to up to three years of world-class support for Mac, and up to two years of world-class support for iPod, iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV.
(4) A refurbished item that I wanted is no longer available. How can I ensure that I get an item when it’s in stock?
Refurbished supply is usually very limited and we often run out of refurbished inventory. We recommend that you act quickly if you see an item that you like. A product will be reserved for you once you’ve completed checking out and we’ve received full authorized payment. Please note that some payment methods take longer than others and that availability of a refurbished product is not guaranteed until we receive your full payment.
So would I buy a refurbished Apple product? Yes!! I would and do buy refurbished products on certain things, and if I wasn’t so impatient, I would wait and do the same for the iPads and iPhones. At the moment the 3rd generation iPad is being sold for $379 refurbished on Apples website. Here is the link to the site.
Don’t sleep on refurbished Apple products!